A Handy Gmail Tip for Teachers

October 2, 2014
Gmail has a very basic feature that is often overlooked by many teachers. This feature allows you to add multiple Gmail accounts to your primary gmail account. For instance if you have two Gmail accounts with two different addresses you can check both of them from one single place with one single click. I have been using this feature for a few years now and I really love it. I have added the email address of this blog to my personal Gmail account and it saved me the trouble of having to open a new window, log off from my primary Gmail account and then log in to my secondary account.

Keep in mind that this feature only works with email addresses provided by Gmail. If you want to add an email address from a different email provider to your Gmail account, you need  to use auto forwarding mail service.

Here is how to add multiple Gmail accounts to your primary Gmail account.
1- open your Gmail account
2- Click on the profile icon on the top right hand side



3- Click on "add account


4- Sign in using the email address you want to add


5- Now when you click on the profile icon you will see the other account there.




 Follow us on : Twitter, Facebook , Google plus, Pinterest .