A Nifty Web Tool for Teachers

August 13, 2014
Here is an excellent web tool I want to bring to your attention. Often times websites go down for a variety of purposes. Some for maintenance reasons and others for an internal bug or malfunction. However, sometimes it becomes confusing whether the site is down for everyone or it is down just for you. For instance, a few months ago and while I was browsing the net I came a cross a YouTube video that upon clicking on it led me to a dead link. I initially thought the link was broken but later on when I tried to watch another YouTube video in a different platform the same thing happened. Only then I realized there was an issue with YouTube but I was not sure whether it was down for only me or for everyone else. I had to conduct a quick search on Google search engine to find out the answer. If I had know about Down for Everyone or Just Me, things would have been much easier.



Down for Everyone or Just Me is a web tool that lets you easily and quickly know whether a website is down for everyone or just for you. The procedure is pretty simple. Just type in or paste the URL of the website you want to check into the box as shown in the screenshot above and click on "or just for me". Down for Everyone or Just Me will then tell about the status of that website.

Courtesy of Learning in Hand.